If you have received a notification of a login to WCP or Hostek Client Billing Area from a new IP and this IP is unknown or suspicious, the steps below will help to secure your account.
- Change your password from a known clean device.
- Use a secure password, see this article for tips on creating a strong password policy.
- Scan any devices that connect to your Control Panel for malware using an AntiVirus Scanner.
- Having different passwords for different sites/services can limit the extent of a compromise.
- If one password is compromised, you should consider all passwords compromised and change these as well. Especially if the same password is used frequently.
- Utilize 2 factor authentication where possible. See this article for steps to enable this for your WHMCS account.
For additional information on securing your cp.hostek.com billing contol panel please see the following article.