The ‘Global FTP User’ function allows you to create an FTP user that will have access to all domain’s site files located on your VPS.
Global FTP User
Login to your WCP Control Panel
2. You will then be brought to the Server Manager screen. Click on ‘Global FTP User’.
Note: If you are logged in but not on this Server Manage page then click the drop-down on the top-right of the page and choose ‘Server Manager’.
3. The ‘Global FTP User’ window will appear with a list of the VPS’s attached to this account. Click on ‘Manage’ for the VPS you would like to add/manage the Global FTP User for.
Adding a Global FTP User
Once you have clicked Manage for the VPS you would like to add a user for. Click the ‘Add’ button.
2. You will then be presented with the ‘Add Global FTP User’ box.
Username - This will be the FTP username that will be used to log into your server.
Password - This will be the FTP password for the username above.
Folder - The Folder that the FTP user will be dropped into upon successful login. You can specify by absolute path (C:\home), or you can click on the Browse button to the right of the Folder field to specify the folder.
Allowed IP Address - Every Global FTP user is required to be limited by IP address. You can find your public IP address by visiting here.
Use Current IP - Alternatively, you can check this checkbox, to add your current IP to the Allowed IP Addresses.
3. Once finished click ‘Save’
Editing Global FTP User
Once you have clicked Manage for the VPS you would like edit a user for. Click the ‘Pencil’ () icon for the user to be edited.
You will be presented with the screen below. You can edit the Password, Folder, and Allowed IP Address.
3. Once the desired settings have been edited click the Save button.