In this guide we will be covering how to switch your website to use a different version of ColdFusion that is installed on the server.
Please note that in order for this version selector to appear within your websites control panel another instance of ColdFusion must first be installed. Several of our shared ColdFusion servers have multiple instances of ColdFusion installed (such as some CF10 servers now have the option for sites to choose CF2018).
The purpose of having multiple instances of ColdFusion available is so that your web applications can function on the older version if necessary… while allowing you to work on getting your code up to date to work with the later versions of ColdFusion (such as CF2018). The switch of versions is instant and you can switch back to the previous version at any time necessary as long as it is still installed on the server.
Changing your websites ColdFusion version
1. Login to your WCP control panel.
Note: You can view our topic on logging into WCP if you need help with this step.
2. Once logged in if you are not already on the domain in questions control panel page then click on the ‘Hosted Domains’ drop-down from the top of the pages navigation bar. Then click the domain you’re wanting to change the ColdFusion version for.
3. Now within the domains control panel click on the ‘ColdFusion Version Selector’ option underneath the ColdFusion section.
4. You should now see the option to click ‘Manage’ next to the site in question to manage the version of ColdFusion.
5. Next, choose the drop-down next to ‘ColdFusion Version’ and select the desired version of ColdFusion for your site to use.
Note: If you believe a version of ColdFusion should be available and it is not yet showing then please submit a ticket and request additional information on how to get the desired version of ColdFusion available for your domain.