This guide is aimed to help users learn about the difference between a contact and a sub-account, as well as instructions to setup each as needed.
Contact - A contact is a profile setup underneath your account that can be set to receive specific emails related to the account. This includes billing notices, product emails, domain registration emails, and support related emails.
A contact can be set to have any of the above related email notices or none at all. A contact has no login permission and can not create any tickets on behalf of the account.
Sub-Account - When a contact has the 'sub-account' feature enabled the contact is granted the ability for more enriched features. This includes the ability to login and manage different areas of an account.
Additional permissions can be set on a sub-account so that the user can be restricted to what they're able to update on behalf of their account. As an example you can allow the sub-account to view and pay for invoices associated with the account and not have access to any other area of the client dashboard.
To add a new contact / sub-account follow the steps below:
- Access the URL of your client billing area. Use the link below to access unless you are a UK based customer, in which case click the link here.
- Once logged in click the Hello drop-down from the navigation menu, then select Contacts/Sub-Accounts.
- If you have a contact already setup you will see information related to one of your contacts on the page. To create a new contact select the drop-down and choose Add New Contact. If you don't have any contacts setup, then you will already be on this page.
- You will now be prompted with form fields asking for information about the contact. Enter all the requested fields as necessary.
- You will now need to decide if this user should have escalated permissions (become a sub-account). If this is your intention, then select the tick box next to Activate Sub-Account.
Note: If you do enable the sub-account you will see additional tick boxes appear related to what permissions the sub-account should have. Choose as needed.
- Under the section for Email Preferences you can choose which types of emails the contact should receive in relation to your account.
Updating or removing contact
If you find yourself needing to make changes to an existing contact/sub-account, or perhaps needing to remove it altogether, then you can do so in this same section that you used to add the contact.
Choose the drop-down for which contact to make changes to. If you make changes then select the 'Save Changes' button. If you want to delete the contact then select the 'Delete Contact' button.